decoratve stripe
OIRT logo
yellow bar link to video link to instruction link to research link to software link to about us yellow bar spacer
various images of technology
Rutgers seal

how do I...?

what is...?

what’s going on?

who can help?

CTO's website

training

The Office of Instructional and Research Technology Blog

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Five Best Instant Messengers

Check out this Lifehacker post about the Five Best Instant Messengers. I often find myself forwarding this link to my friends when they tell me that they're still using AOL's Instant Messenger application (complete with advertising).

You can find upgrades to your current IM situation regardless of your operating system. I like Adium for OS X, and Digsby for Windows. When I'm not on a personal computer, it's the web application Meebo for me. All of the apps mentioned can do multiple protocols at once, meaning that I can be connected to my friends on Facebook, GMail, Yahoo! IM, and AIM all at once.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Charles Hedrick said...

Of course, on the Mac the primary AIM client is iChat, and it doesn't have ads. On Windows, I use AIM Lite. This is a client from AOL that doesn't show any ads.

February 9, 2009 at 9:58 AM  
Blogger TheWeirdGirl said...

If you want to get a great IM you could always get Brosix. It has a lot of features like file share and video chat. A must for any list in me perspective.

March 2, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home